As Christians, we serve a God of purpose and action. He wants us to live every day to its fullest - to “Seize the Day”.
At Envoy, we know how important it is to seize the moment. We’re here to encourage you to Seize the Day:
- To make the most of every opportunity, living your life on purpose
- To engage with God so you are growing spiritually every day, becoming more and more like Jesus
- To engage your relationships so they are fulfilling, growing, and life-giving
- To engage with the world, encouraging people toward a relationship with Christ
- To engage your financial situation - to be aware, educated, and equipped - so you make wise financial decisions
We’ve seen the tragic - and usually avoidable - effects in the lives of people who just let life happen. We’ve seen relationships and careers drift due to lack of thought or nurture. We’ve seen retirement years delayed or not happen at all because there was no engaging of the financial planning process.
But, we’ve also seen the fruitful effects in the lives of people who have decided to live boldly each day, intentionally plan for their financial future, and make the most of their opportunities. We’ve seen a retirement LifeStage full of peace and freedom because the financial resources were available. This fruitful life is our desire for you!
Philippians provides encouragement for us to live in the present, take action, and press forward with purpose. Consider these verses:
10 I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. 12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Our encouragement to you is to be fully alive and present to what is before you and to “Seize the Day!”